Sunday, June 21, 2009

Edie Sedgwick the factory girl

I don’t know but I think it was last year when I saw the movie ‘Factory Girl’. It’s about the tragic life of Edie Sedgwick played by Sienna Miller, Andy Warhol’s muse for some of his art creations. I saw the movie twice, I never heard of the film but Andy Warhol’s name rings a bell so I thought it’ll be interesting and maybe I’ll just watch it for a couple of minutes then later on I realized I finished the whole movie. It was so tragic, I felt really heavy half of the movie, she was a drug addict, she’s an heiress so that means she has a lot of inheritance but manage to spend all of it in just six months. Had a love affair and was heart broken. Even came to the point where her family disowns her making her broke and died at the age of 28 because of drug overdose.
After seeing the movie, I learned a lot of life lessons from Edie. That drugs will get you nowhere, be wise and emotionally strong. I wish someone helped her. I hated her family for ignoring her when she needed financial help, well it’s Edie’s fault too but I wish somehow they were a little bit considerate.
I also became curious who Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol were I googled them. I can never forget that the next day I was able to use them on my recitation for Literature.
Edie was such a fashion inspiration to all the fashionistas and goddess to the male sex because she was very beautiful. I personally like her. If given a chance to live her life I would but I would make it better life to live in like abstain from drugs, cigarettes and alcohol and be wiser. I think I will not die and devastate my life at 28. She was such a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment